Saucy Baked Beans
Saucy, easy baked beans are a favorite BBQ or picnic side dish! This easy recipe is an elevated take on an American classic.
- 30 oz. red kidney beans (2 cans)
- 30 oz. black beans (2 cans)
- 30 oz. white cannelini beans (2 cans)
- ½ bell pepper any color
- ½ sweet onion
- 3 cups BBQ sauce homemade or a good store bought
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Dice your bell pepper and onion.
Drain and rinse all your beans in a colander, then transfer to a big mixing bowl.
Add your BBQ sauce, peppers, and onions to the bowl and give everything an easy mix, being careful not to mash up your beans.
Transfer your beans into your baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
Remove from the oven and serve it hot.
- I use canned beans, but you could use dried beans that have been soaked and prepared. You would need to do that the day before you plan to make this dish.
- I use my homemade BBQ sauce, but you could also use a good store bought version. Just make sure you like the taste of the sauce on its own, and it will be good in your dish.
- I do not use bacon, but if you must have it, you could cook it separately and sprinkle it on top to maintain the crunch without all the fat.