Classic BBQ Sauce
Tangy, sweet, and acidic, this classic BBQ sauce is an American staple, perfect for chicken, pulled pork, ribs, and everything in between!
- 15 oz. fire-roasted tomatoes (1 can)
- 6 oz. tomato paste (1 can)
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup blackstrap molasses
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Worchestershire sauce
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp pepper
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
Bring up to barely a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer, not allowing the sauce to pop out of the pan.
Simmer for at least 20 minutes.
Turn off your burner and take your sauce off the heat. Let it cool on the stovetop for 5-10 minutes.
Blend your sauce until smooth.
- Once the sauce is simmering, you can let it go longer if you want a thicker sauce. That will reduce your total yield, though.
- This recipe can be easily halved or doubled. It will store in the fridge for about 2 weeks.
- To blend the sauce, I used an immersion blender, but you can use whatever blender works best for you.